Demo Kratia

Monday, November 12, 2007

Progress with Immigration

I agree with Snapp, we should totally do something about the illegal immigrants in this country. It’s a difficult issue for me being that my parents were illegal immigrants. They came in the amnesty of 1986, so they were very lucky. They have worked hard to assimilate into American society, something that some American people believe Mexicans can’t or don’t want to do. America is a great country, and it’s definitely a privilege to live here. I think that given a chance Mexicans can contribute greatly to our society.
Immigrants should be tested I believe that people illegally in America should prove that they want to live and that they can assimilate to our society. There are a lot of great people that can do a lot for this country, but at the same time there are bad ones. The point or purpose of these tests should be to find these bad people and send them packing. I hate to say it that way, but we already have our own criminals we don’t need more.
As far as taxes go, yes we should tax them. I pay a ridiculous amount of taxes and all because I have no dependants. They should share the burden if they want to share the jobs. Some folks that work for, lets say the restaurant business, those folks get taxed heavily and never see that money at the end of the year. So it’s a very difficult issue, but not an impossible one,

No comments: